Exploring Lenton history
Pages
Links
This page is being reconstructed and others will be added.
Click boxes to open links to the listed websites.
1826 map shows Lenton to the left running north to south along Gregory Street.
1835 map showing how Lenton has expanded to the east and this new community has already acquired the name of New Lenton.
To the right, 1901 map showing New Lenton. During the second half of the 19th century Lenton Recreation Ground was created and Lenton Boulevard constructed. The railway came in 1839 and tram in 1901.

Maps of Lenton over the past 200 years reveal a history of continuous change.